Thursday, November 29, 2007

Xmas is creeping

See

I am pretty much digging the new season of Nip/Tuck. I was not overly impressed by Season 4, as it seemed to wander all over the place and the organ harvesting storyline was a bit much, even for this show. But the move to Hollywood was a smart move on creator Ryan Murphy's part. There is so much new material to work with, and it seems to be returning to its "Let's keep getting a bit darker" roots.



I'm curious as to how Julia will get out of being a lesbian, and what will come of Kimber and Matt's meth addiction. It really does take place in Los Angeles!

Eat

Today for lunch some of my co-workers took me out for a belated birthday lunch. I got to choose the restaurant so I chose Agua Verde, the Tex-Mex Cafe and Paddle Club on Portage Bay. I decided to try the mango quesadilla that an old co-worker used to always get. I wasn't sure how mangos would pair with chicken, chilis and cheese, but...yum!

It's a great little place, especially in the summertime. I have yet to go there outside of work lunches, though, so I can't vouch for their margaritas.




We had a gay old time chatting the chat about work, restaurants, and after-work drinking habits. We decided to have a holiday cocktail party at work where we each bring the fixings for a cocktail and prepare them for the group. I think I'll go with my passion-fruit margarita conconction.

Drink


When I was at Hilo Hattie last month in, well, Hilo, I bought 6 bags of 100% Kona Coffee. Only 3 were for me and I'm about to use up my last one.


I don't think I want to go back to the 10% stuff you get at the grocery store. A cup of 100% Kona coffee is one of the great joys of my humble little existence. I love mornings, and there's no better way to enjoy them than with a piping hot cup of goodness.

Yesterday I received a promotional email from Cofees of Hawaii on Molokai, which I visited last December. Turns out they are offering 100% Kona bags for just $13.95. I think I will allow myself this one teeny extravagance.

Read

On Sunday, my parents dropped off several boxes from their storage area - boxes of weird stuff from my childhood, high school, and college years. My trumpet from Band. My collection of John Deer Tractors. College notes. Report cards. Class notes.

And then some pretty bizarre stuff.

This is a list of a group of friends I made up in my head. It includes their class schedules, school activities, SAT scores and cumulative GPA. On another sheet I even went so far as to include which colleges they were applying to and which teachers they had.

The really crazy thing is, I remember these kids! I made them up in my head so they were real to me. Kelly really wanted to prove herself as more than a cute cheerleaders so she thew herself into Life Sciences and Ecology. She later went to Western to major in Environmental Studies.

Am I really that weird?




Remember

In the same batch of memorabilia I went through last night, I found an envelope with little scraps of paper in it. Each had something nice to say about me. This was from Leadership Camp in high school:



Apparently I was considered a stud, popular with the ladies, and a smoldering James Bond. Good to remember on those days the mirror tells me otherwise.

Worry

On June 15, 2008 I will be getting married here:



So far we've sent in a signed contract and deposit for the officiant and are collecting referrals for photographers, bakeries, florists, musicians and caterers. We decided to plan the thing ourselves (with the help of this truly aloha woman who is marrying us) rather than go with the planning service.

We will have a meeting this weekend. I know that sounds weird, but we really do need to set aside time to make big decisions about invitations, readings, rings, etc. Getting married is a really big deal and can be incredibly stressful.

My goal: to make it something joyous, special and not full of neurotic energy. I am making my own vow to my wedding: I will not worry too much about you and ruin it.

No comments: