Sunday, October 21, 2007

big island

I haven't posted yet because, well, I've been very busy and preoccupied. I had all the best intentions of starting fresh with my new perspective and intent to share.

And here I am. Sunday night. October 21st. I've been on vacation for 5 days on the Big Island of Hawaii, under the pretense of it being a "working vacation" to find a place for my wedding next year. It's my third trip to Hawaii, in 3 years, and 3rd island. Spent 3 nights on the Kona side and then drove to this house near Kehena Beach on the Hilo side on Friday.

I'm in love. Hawaii just feels right to me.

I'm taking a lot of pictures and will soon post and narrate.

A few highlights: Kona Brewing Company (yummy beers and pizza), kayaking and snorkeling and seeing dolphins near James cook monument, swimming in the pacific ocean, eating fresh passion fruit, my first real luau, a trip to the zoo and drinking a bowl of kava at, yes, a Kava Bar.

And...think we found the perfect spot for the ceremony today. Fingers crossed!

Aloha Air did lose my luggage on the flight in and I did not receive it until 9:30pm that night at the hotel, but aside from that...no drama. It sucked, but I think it's made me appreciate this trip even more. And, for the record, I did reach a point in my bitching/worrying/catastrophosizing where I realized I had no business complaining about losing STUFF when I had reached Paradise. But honestly, I'm really happy to have my clothes, shoes, shaver and cell phone cord back.

aloha!

kana
(dan)

No comments: