Monday, May 5, 2008

Catching Up

A little bit of everything

Oh dear, it's been forever. I came down with a nasty bug that rendered me useless for a good chunk of April. You can read all about it (and my love affair with hot dogs) in Dan's blog.

Aside from the illness, there have been a whirlwind of wedding plans and that pre-vacation frenzy that happens when you take more than a week off from work.

I have had time to eat/drink/read/see/remember/worry, though.

A few highlights:

On April 26th (Saturday) we drove up to Snoqualmie Falls and stayed a night at the beautiful Salish Lodge. This place has to be the best hotel in the region. The service is impeccable, the place is always spotless and no one raises his or her voice in the lobby or spa. I love it. This was our second time, and the first on our own dime (Dan's parents bought us a spa package a few years back - wonderful!). This time we took my parents up as we got them a gift card toward their stay for their Christmas present. We decided to tag along and got a room next to theirs.





Much good food was had (you can also read all about what we ate on Dan's blog). I particularly loved the ahi nicoise (don't ask me to pronounce) and the smoke salmon brioche with caviar and poached egg I had for breakfast.



Dan is installing a cement patio in our backyard, all made with recycled pieces we got for free. Someone dumped it all off for us in front of our house so transporting it to the back was an exhausting chore. I helped with it some, but Dan ended up doing the lion's share of the work.



I am very excited to see how it turns out. I think it will the perfect place to hang out this summer with friends, food, and firepit!

We decided to take our cat outside and he met our neighbor's dog.



Last week we had to go to Bellevue so we dined on a vast array of pupus at Trader Vic's (they pass the good mai tai test, too!)



So much more, but I am so behind. I'm learning Hawaiian (slowly) by CD and book. I began reading a new book on Bernice Pauahi Bishop. I bought my first suit yesterday.

Only 37 days until we leave for the Big Island! It is really clicking in!

No comments: