Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vegas: Day 6

Friday we packed up, checked out (11am) and left our bags with the Bell hop. Our flight wasn't until 3:30 so we had some time before we had to be at the airport.

We walked around a bit, soaking up the last bit of potent sun and then stopped back at the Hawaiian Tropic Zone to use up a buy-one-entree-get-one-free coupon someone had handed us. I had my first ever Cuban sandwich, with both pork and ham. Though it was too much for me to eat in one sitting, I am now a fan and will seek more out in the future. I went with what turned out to be my standard Vegas drink, the mojito.

And that was our last indulgence in Vegas. Our flight had us back in Seattle that night at 6, a welcome change from most of our recent trips that get us back after dark.

We returned to a very needy cat, ate Taco Bell (tradition for returning home from travels) and caught up on TV.

Fun trip. Not sure when we'll be back, but I will definitely have my eyes on another Cirque show, another celebrity chef experience and maybe a day trip to check out Lake Las Vegas.

Oh yeah, Vegas doesn't really recycle.

No comments: