Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Garden Update

See

Last week we harvested our first tomato and had it with some falafel.



Then, last weekend we harvested all this summer squash!

Dan cut if up and grilled it for our dinner guests. People were very pleased.


Not only that, we use some carrots from our garden and added them in with the store-bought ones for our Moroccan carrot salad (also for dinner guests).



What fun it is to grow our own food! Next up are the cucumbers...they are getting very close.

Drink

Mix half a glass of limeade with a Corona. It is refreshing and you will like it.



Also, I mixed up a batch of "Azul Margaritas" for our aforementioned guests (My family, for my mom's 65th bday). I mixed limeade (from concentrate) with a little less than the instructed amount of water, added in the juice of two limes, about 2.5 cups of tequila and 1 cup of blue caracao. They were mighty tasty if I do say so myself.



Remember

After dinner there was a rainbow over our house!



Remember Showbiz Pizza? I had my 8th or 9th birthday party there, and thanks to my mom I now have the evidence. She recently dredged up some old photos for a gift/display at our wedding reception.


Not to Worry

Headed to Vegas on Sunday. The highs look to be around 105-107 and the lows around 80. People think we are crazy, but we get along well in the desert heat. Once you've made it through Burning Man (higher temps with very little shade and no shade, AC or swimming pools) "hot" takes on a new meaning.

I found a great Vegas Blog that I've been looking at to get ideas on what to do.

More from the City of Sin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the linky love! :D And wow, I haven't thought of Showbiz Pizza in *years*! It was always such a treat to get to go, and Chuck E. Cheese just doesn't come close.

Enjoy your trip!

a-worry-a-day said...

You are very welcome. I'm glad I stumbled across your site. I love all the pictures and information. So excited to be back in Vegas...trying out Planet Hollywood this visit.