Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Star Trek Experience Closing.

I just learned that the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton is closing, which includes Quark's - my absolute favorite bar in all of the USA! I am not a huge trekkie, but my husband is a bit so we visited the Experience on our first trip to Vegas in May 2004. We got there late so we only got to experience one of the rides.

According to news reports, the Experience will be closing in early September, which means our trip this August will be our last time to share a big bowl of cocktail with dry ice.

Sad. We've been back every time we've visited since and always meet people sitting at the bar. I think being in such a silly atmosphere helps break down barriers and people just feel comfortable to chat and reach out. There are plenty of big city bars out there with red walls, candles, moodiness and sleek. But only one Quark's.

No comments: